Index
  Random Headlines
  Who's Online
There are currently, 92 guest(s) and 1 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys: Forums

Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys :: View topic - BSOD on V90 Model VX0 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BSOD on V90 Model VX0 devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: BSOD on V90 Model VX0 devices Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a newbie to Wyse thin clients and to this forum.

We are having repeated BSODs on a number of V90s. XPE 5.01 SP2 / Ver 3.04 Build 0503.1024

BSOD says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and references afd.sys

Flash config 977MB RAM config 1008MB.

The following may (or may not!) be relevant:

1. We have v90 devices on 2 floors, but only those on 1 floor are having an issue.

2. People on the problem floor use a program on the TS that the problem-free folk do not use.

3. Users on both floors access the same terminal server through the same make and model switches with the same configuration.

4. We have HP thin client users on another network node that do not have this problem and they use the same program on the same TS that our problem folk use.

I have also tried re-imaging a test device using the bootable USB, but all I got was colourful screens for 2 days (left running over the weekend) and the system was the same. Maybe I am using the wrong id2 file?

Does anyone have a dummies guide to setting up PXE server to work with WDM?

Thanks for helping!
JB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: this DOES happen to people on both floors. No one had reported it!
thinkthin
Source Code
Source Code

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It appears this is a driver in the winsock stack and it has history:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894070

http://www.file.net/process/afd.sys.html

I would definitely look at upgrading the image. Use the USB 1.2 imager on this site but make sure what unit you have. Do you have V90 or V90L?

The image you need for a V90 is 9V90.i2d and a V90L is 9V92.i2d. For 90 units you should definitely be using WDM (its free) so you can upgrade them remotely. If you want to use Wyse Simple Imager download this from the V90L firmware download on wyse.com and it has full instructions on use. The USB key is great in a Jam but loading over the network is way faster.

This is weird as there are load of people using terminal services with XPe. Is there any other software or drivers you load locally to the device?

Cheers,
-TT
JB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the 1.2 USB imager and it worked great on my test V90. I was using the 1.3 Beta before.

The V90 deployments so far have been "out of the box" with no customisation at all. Users just typed in RDC connection settings and were off. Sometimes they have a different keyboard and/or mouse, but that's it. Samsung SyncMaster 740BX monitors. Nothing special there. They are not joined to the domain.

I will release my updated client into the wild and see if does better than the originals.

I saw the afd.sys threads you posted. I was hoping someone at this site had been through the same.

I had loaded WDM 4.5.0 onto a W2003 server, but haven't figured out the PXE server portion yet. As you suggest, I don't want to do 200 of these with a USB drive!

Thanks much for the reply and the helpful advice.
thinkthin
Source Code
Source Code

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, we will be interested to hear how you get on.

One more tip, use WDM 4.5.1 with the hot fix roll up or WDM4.5.3 (these are on wyse.com)

Unfortunately WDM 4.5.0 and 4.5.2 had a number of annoying issues so I steer clear of them. May be its a odd/even release number thing Smile

Have a search on this site and in the downloads section for "PXE" and you will get the info you need to set up IP Helpers,

Cheers,
-TT
JB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test systems with newer image and correct drivers for monitor and keyboard had no BSOD for one week.

Thanks for all the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: