Index
  Random Headlines
  Who's Online
There are currently, 93 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys: Forums

Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys :: View topic - Problems to install WinXPe on 9150SE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems to install WinXPe on 9150SE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike2000

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Problems to install WinXPe on 9150SE Reply with quote

Hello freewysemonkeys!

First I want to thank all the user here, helping each other. I found a lot of information, reading old post and documents.

But now I'm near the point to give up, installing WinXPe to a 9150.
I got the 9150 from a friend and it has no OS installed.

So I installed the WSI, connected the 9150 to the server and after all tries I get the same error: "Failure: Firmware is not compatible" Sad The solution from WYSE: "Look for an
error message similar to 'Evaluating: Unable to Open Source'". But I can't find such an error in the logfile.

Ok, what have I done?

WinTerm 9150SE
Manufactured: january 2005
BISO Ver: 1.10 (I need no password to open BIOS [if thats interesting])
256MB Flash (I'm not totally sure about that)

WinServer 2003 R2
IP 192.168.178.93
DHCP range: 192.168.167.94 to 192.168.178.99
Wyse Simple Imager 1.7.2

I tried 3 images
9S92_S496_256.i2d
9S92_S545_512.i2d (because I'm not sure about the flashsize)
9150.i2d (256MB)

1. I have added them in the WSI. So, in the WSI on the left side "9150" and on the right "496_256M_9S92_S496_256" is selected.
Checking the path: "C:\Inetpub\ftproot\Rapport\Wyse9150\496_256M_9S92_S496_256\9150.i2d" exists (filesize: 243 MB)

2. After pressing Submit, the WSI promting "Please start/restart the client to start imaging".

3. The TFTP application does NOT(!) launch automatically. I start "C:\Inetpub\ftproot\Rapport\Tools\sa\util\tftpd32.exe" manually.
Basepath: "C:\InetPub\ftproot\Rapport\Tools\sa"
IP: 192.168.178.93
Current Action: "Listening on port 69"

4. I start the 9150. It is doing something (log output on the screen), but after about 30 seconds it reboots.

The WSI shows:
-------------------------------------------------------
Evaluating: 'sym/NO' to 'sym/YES'
Evaluating: 'sym/YES' to 'sym/YES'
Evaluating: 'sym/NO' to 'sym/YES'
Evaluating: 'ftp//anonymous:xxxx@192.168.178.93/Rapport/Tools/sa/9150/push.k' to 'stream/sec/test'
Failure: Firmware is not compatible
-------------------------------------------------------

And there is a logfile "C:\Inetpub\ftproot\Rapport\Tools\sa\logs\6454714F.log". It looks similar to the output of the 9150.
Should I post it here?

So, that's the point I stuck now. I tried the other images, but its the same result.
What is going wrong?

Thanks a lot for any help!
Greetings
Mike
mike2000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, any hints?
white_flaggin_it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem -- only I can't even manage to get a healthy download of an image, Wyse USB firmware, or WSI. EVERY download gives me a CRC error, saying "bad zip". (!@#$%^&*)

I remember doing this back in 2006 and remember thinking to myself, man, I feel sorry for someone who has to do this every day. Regardless, I managed to flash/reimage my 9150se then and when I got it back this year (2011), I hissed at the sight of it. Still, once up and running they're really handy. I want to put mine out in the garage with a junk keyboard and mouse to use for looking up mechanic info while working on my truck. I used to have this 9150 in my kitchen to look up recipes.

Annnnnnyway, does anyone have a 1,2,3 for how to just reimage this thing!? I think I've just spent the last two hours on a few different sites and have installed about 2 or 3 different programs all of which turn out to be the wrong thing. Confused

Please help! I usuallly will try to figure this stuff out as I've been into computers for almost 20 years, but, as my username states; I'm about to white flag it. [...walks away with hands up in the air...] Evil or Very Mad
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are also getting the error message as mike2000, then it is obvious that there was some other OS running on the client sometime.
Therefore WSI cannot confirm that this is the correct firmware and stops.

CG
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
white_flaggin_it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting the same error; I just meant I'm in the same spot as mike2000 -- the point where I'm about to give up. I am getting the "No boot device found - Halting" error. ConfGen, do you know something I do not? That is, how to image one of these? If I don't have Windows Server running on my network, I assume my only option is the USB? And if that's the case, do I need to update my BIOS first so the boot from USB feature will work? And IF this is the case, do you have links for the USB BIOS downloads/USB Imager 1.4? -- all links I've found for it give me a bogus CRC error (corrupt ZIP file basically). Thanks a million ConfGen, for anything really.
mike2000

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Wink

ConfGen wrote:
[...] it is obvious that there was some other OS running on the client sometime.
Therefore WSI cannot confirm that this is the correct firmware and stops.

Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks a lot,
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: