Index
  Random Headlines
  Who's Online
There are currently, 69 guest(s) and 1 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys: Forums

Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys :: View topic - R90L7 client and SMART Interactive boards
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R90L7 client and SMART Interactive boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoJo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: R90L7 client and SMART Interactive boards Reply with quote

Hi I am currently deploying WES7 R Class thin clients as certain specific machines on the network still require a windows environment. For software compatibility purposes it would be best if these devices were on the domain.

I understand that the "Users" folder should be redirected to the Z: RAM disk. How should I do this?

Also; is there any way of building domain membership into the images for System Manager? Obviously sysprep is not appropriate here.

Thanks for any advice

Jo

Last edited by JoJo on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not recommend to put a Thin Client in the domain.
You will face several issues. One is normaly the user profile that could get corrupt or at least out of sync.
So, if not really needed, don't do it.

CG
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
JoJo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I am willing to fix the problem in another way. I shall rename the thread accordingly.

We use XenApp 6 to deploy applications. At the moment we have WES C class thin clients but we are trialling WES7 R class clients as well.

We are a school and use SMART Interactive white boards. At the moment the drivers and software are installed locally on the device. This works fine except when staff try to use the capture screen feature. On a fat client this saves a screen capture into their user area. On a thin client the same happens but the user cannot access the "My Documents" folder of the local machine.

I could possibly use XenDesktop to get around this issue but I would rather do it with XenApp.

Any ideas?
ConfGen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have 100% working roaming profiles in your network?
This would be THE requirement to put the client in the domain.
And although I am not a friend of doing it, in this case it looks like the only option to me.
This way a user can login with its domain credentials and the "My Documents" folder would be redirected to the roaming profile.
No need to play with the inuild user at all.
And you never need to redirect the user profile to Z:.

CG
Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Ubuntu, Viance or create CE addon packages *** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it *** http://www.technicalhelp.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Technicalhelp and Freewysemonkeys Forum Index -> Windows NTe/XPe/WES All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: